Thursday, May 22, 2008

5K For Charlie

Well, Staley, Jim and I walked, or rather strolled, our first 5K last Saturday. Jimmy wanted to support charlie cooper and meet him. It was really neat to see him in person. He is a cutie and a trooper! Staley was sweet. He did not want to sit in his stroller, he wanted to get out and walk with us, so we let him. He held onto the side of the stroller and walked one full lap of the race. Sometimes if somebody would run past us, Staley would start to run as well. Dylan and Jay went and ran it. Dylan took first place in his division. We were pretty happy for him, he was very excited. Katie and Walker were there as well as many of my students. It was great to see so many people out to support Charlie and the Brain Injury Association. We have decided to make this an annual event as a family.


3 comments:

Meghan said...

holy cow! i have been calling your husband jimmy matthews on charlie's blog! - where did i come up with that.. i am so, so sorry. i will amend that soon. anyway, you guys are so awesome. honestly. i don't know if i just believed selfless, loving, proactive people like you didn't exist, but it is so incredible and refreshing to meet you. thank you for all that you have done for charlie and his family - those things that are tangible and those that are not. we look forward to making the 5k a tradition with you! meghan - charlie's aunt

The Wilson 3 said...

Thanks for the kind words Meghan. No worries about the name, I am humbled and even ashamed to even be mentioned on Charlie's blog, so much so that I preferred when it read Jimmy Matthews. The only reason I was even remotely comfortable being mentioned is that I hoped it would give more exposure to the Charlie Bands and therefore raise more funds. Too much has been made of what little I could give, I only wish I had more and I will continue to work on that. You have an amazing family and I am literally in awe of how you have pulled together and bear one another up. Give little Charlie a couple of pats for me.

Jimmy

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you guys for the hard work you put into this lovely project for Charlie. Keep giving, it only makes the spirit stronger.

Love,
Mom/Erika and Nana